String of Leaves
Many leaves were crafted for an installation in the Exhibition 2014
It was an ideal way to involve local groups, your kids, your grandkids, and use up those small pieces of yarn - especially the naturally dyed or natural colours.
- Take a cardboard box - one made with corrugated cardboard (think beer box)
- Cut a leaf shape (or two or three etc)
- Poke bamboo skewers thru each corrugation so each skewer is proud of both sides of the leaf shape.
- Wind a ‘warp’ with wool, making sure you stay on the same side of the leaf the whole way.
- Use a darning needle or similar to add weft to your warp - simple under and over is fine. Make sure you go as close to the edges as possible.
- Withdraw your skewers.
- Voila!!!!! Your leafy master piece.
The more the merrier - get going with your Leafy Business!