Become a member
You are welcome to attend one or two meetings before deciding to join.
GUILD MEMBERSHIP FEES
Full member $45
Concession member $35
To JOIN print the membership form and post, email or bring it to along to Battery Point Guild rooms.
Benefits of membership
The Guild is an inclusive, sharing organisation with a wealth of knowledge and skill distributed throughout the membership. You gain...
- Access to a statewide geographical network of groups (currently about 20)
- An informative magazine, Island Yarns, 4 editions per year
- Invitations to participate in low cost, high value workshops that get ideas and skills flowing
- Exposure to a wide variety of fibre arts
- Insurance coverage at meetings and activities
- The ability to meet people with a similar interests and skills to yourself in both social and learning environments
- Cost-effective loan access to a vast number of books, magazines and manuals
- Cost-effective loan access to equipment such as spinning wheels and looms, a "try before you buy" advantage
- Purchase of yarn, fibre and other goods at member-friendly prices from the Guild's Yarn Store
- A voice and a vote that counts in the administration of the Guild
- Possibility of qualifying for a bursary to assist in gaining new skills and passing them onto the membership
- Networking opportunities to encourage new, younger and crafty members into the fold that will strengthen and secure the future of the Guild and thus grow the skill base of Hand weaving, Spinning and Dyeing and the general use of natural fibres.