Welcome to the Handweavers, Spinners and Dyers Guild of Tasmania's website
Follow us on Instagram! @hwsdguild_tas. Use the hastags #hwsdgtas or #hwsdg_tas. We would love to see your work!
Special Notice for All Guild Life Members
If we have been unable to contact you, you are cordially invited to the Christmas Party to be held Thursday 12 December in the
Guild rooms, Battery Point. Start time is 10 AM.
RSVP no later than 9 December to Mrs Doris Banks
Did you know the Yarn Store is offering 10% off ALL Ashford tops from now until Christmas break. Pop into the Yarn Store for your bargains!
Textile Journeys is also on sale in the Yarn Store
Some dates to make note of: Dec 12 Guild HQ Christmas Party
Guild Yarn Store closes 14 December - 16 January
Ross Summer Days - 18 January
Guild AGM - Ross - 7 March 2020
* 3 more Fridays until Christmas.
* Update your contact list with the new Guild telephone number. 0418 485 868
* President's Precis: available HERE.
* Workshop Payments:
Direct transfer now available. Enter the workshop code into the description field when paying by direct transfer via internet banking. The registration form for all workshops is to be found on the workshops page.
* Certificate of Competency in Hand Spinning: Interested? Check out the blog.
* What Group Meets when?: Look here for more information Table of Info
* Island Yarn Deadlines and Advertising:
Deadlines for the Guild Newsletter Island Yarns is as follows:
- Autumn edition the end of the 1st week in February;
- Winter edition the end of the 1st week in May;
- Spring edition the end of the 1st week in August;
- Summer edition the end of the 1st week in November.
Members may advertise up to Two Lines (approx 30 words), for Free. Other prices: Up to 5 lines of text, no picture is $10. Up to half a page, with picture(s) is $40. Full page with picture(s) is $75. Payment must be made to the Treasurer in full before the advert will appear in the next issue of Island Yarns newsletter. Island Yarns is printed and mailed to every member quarterly. Contact the editor.
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.
Yarn Store Goodies!