Welcome to the Handweavers, Spinners and Dyers Guild of Tasmania's website
Is your group doing something special on World Wide Spin in Public Day? (Some of us don't need any encouragement to spin in public).
This celebration of our craft is always held the 3rd Saturday of September. This year the day falls on Saturday 21st September.
Share your pics on with us on Instagram Use the following hashtags #hwsdgtas, #hwsdg_tas
Who's up for a little road trip? Join the Tamar Valley group at Nindethana for a great day of fibre, fun and food.
The Tasmanian Craft Fair 2019 will soon be upon us! So many artists in one spot! We can't wait to see what great items will be on display. More info is available here, click on the links for your tags, entry forms and guidelines or ask your group leader for details.
Not to depress you, but there are only 14 more Fridays until Christmas.
* Update your contact list with the new Guild telephone number. 0418 485 868
* President's Precis: available HERE.
* Workshop Payments:
Direct transfer now available. Enter the workshop code into the description field when paying by direct transfer via internet banking. The registration form for all workshops is to be found on the workshops page.
* Certificate of Competency in Hand Spinning: Interested? Check out the blog.
* What Group Meets when?: Look here for more information Table of Info
* Island Yarn Deadlines and Advertising:
Deadlines for the Guild Newsletter Island Yarns is as follows:
- Autumn edition the end of the 1st week in February;
- Winter edition the end of the 1st week in May;
- Spring edition the end of the 1st week in August;
- Summer edition the end of the 1st week in November.
Members may advertise up to Two Lines (approx 30 words), for Free. Other prices: Up to 5 lines of text, no picture is $10. Up to half a page, with picture(s) is $40. Full page with picture(s) is $75. Payment must be made to the Treasurer in full before the advert will appear in the next issue of Island Yarns newsletter. Island Yarns is printed and mailed to every member quarterly. Contact the editor.
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.
Pat, Doris and Mary Williams enjoying the birthday celebrations!