Welcome to the Handweavers, Spinners and Dyers Guild of Tasmania's website
Follow us on Instagram! @hwsdguild_tas. Use the hastags #hwsdgtas or #hwsdg_tas. We would love to see your work!
Due to a previously scheduled event, St George's Church in Battery Point will not be available to the Guild for the regular meeting on Thursday 27 February. The Thursday 27th February meeting will be hosted by the South Hobart Group at St Xavier's Church Hall on the corner of Adelaide and Anglesea Street, South Hobart. South Hobart Spinners meet from 10am to 3pm and the entry fee is $5.
Guild AGM/Statewide meeting Ross - 7 March 2020
Winter Edition Island Yarns deadline for articles and advertising - 14 March 2020
2020 Poatina Weaving Retreat - Information now available here. Registration forms can be found here. Note that this event is booked and paid to the Northern Branch of the Guild.
* Update your contact list with the new Guild telephone number. 0418 485 868
* Have you paid your 2020 membership?
* The Guild library is stocked with some of the latest publications. You can browse the current library catalogue here.
* President's Precis: available HERE.
* Workshop Payments:
Direct transfer now available. Enter the workshop code into the description field when paying by direct transfer via internet banking. The registration form for all workshops is to be found on the workshops page.
* Certificate of Competency in Hand Spinning: Interested? Check out the blog.
* Group meetings: If your group has had a change of venue, or contact point, please inform the web administrator & the newsletter editor.
* Our 3rd publication: The Weaving Patterns of Edward Hussey, by Mary Williams. See the blog. Order the Book :)
* What Group Meets when?: Look here for more information Table of Info
* Island Yarns deadlines and advertising have changed! Please note new deadlines and Advertising Policy
Deadlines for the Guild Newsletter Island Yarns is as follows:
- March 14 - Autumn edition deadline;
- June 5 - Winter edition deadline:
- 4 Sept - Spring edition deadline;
- 4 Dec - Summer edition deadline
ADVERTISING POLICY AND COSTS FOR ISLAND YARNS
The aim of advertising placed by Guild members is to encourage the movement of wheels, looms, textile tools, fibre, fibre-related books, magazines and brochures and related items, as well as to advertise fibre-related events amongst Guild Members.
Cost of Advertising: Guild Members: up to quarter page, free. Half page $40. Full page $75. Advertorial limit one page free. Non-Guild inc. related organisations: Up to one page for events, exhibitions, free. One eighth page text only $10. Quarter page $40. Half page $75. Full page $100. Images can be included unless stated otherwise. IY Editor reserves the right to reasonably edit text and images and to place advertorial and exhibition items. Payment must be made in full to the Treasurer before your ad will appear. Please send payment to HWSD Guild, PO Box 163, Battery Point, TAS 7004 or as directed by the Treasurer if ad sent by email.
* Have you got a project of which you are especially proud? Share it with us and your fellow fibre artists, send a picture and some information to the Newsletter editor and to the web admin.
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.
* Find some of us on Ravelry.