May Update: and Registration Form
Bicheno… Are you going? Have you heard this asked or seen it and wonder what ‘Bicheno’ is? Well apart from it being a beautiful town on the East Coast of Tasmania it is also the setting for the Annual Weekend Retreat of the Hand Weavers Spinners & Dyers Guild of Tas. Inc. As other years it is to be held at the “Beach Front” Bicheno, with our meals served in a private dining room. The dates are Friday Sept. 8th (arrive about 2pm) to Sunday 10th (finishing after lunch).
It is a great opportunity to catch up with friends from all over the state, or make new ones. There is a number of workshops and fun activities in which to participate. And who doesn’t just love a weekend with no housework and the chance to enjoy just spinning, weaving, dyeing or felting to your hearts content. Imagine no cooking but enjoying delicious meals. All this awaits you at Bicheno.
Never been? Well don’t just think about it, fill in the registration form and send it with your deposit, or full payment, and get ready to enjoy one of the best weekends of the year.
The theme this year is “Penguins”
What Do I Bring??
- Your wheel and or loom, current project or whatever you like to do.
- A basic sewing kit.
- Show and Tell item of your favourite masterpiece you have made since the last Bicheno.
- A special Show and Tell of something you have made from the Guild’s Book “Textile Journeys”.
- We will be doing a ‘Fibre Sandwich’ so bring 100g of clean tops.
- Please bring a black and white outfit for dinner Saturday night. Doesn’t have to be fancy – just Black and White.
- A torch can be very handy of an evening going back to your room.
Since Bicheno 2016 our dear friend Gemma was tragically killed in a car accident. We would like to set up a little memorial area for her and so for those who would like to please make a smallish square (knitted, felted, woven,) from a Gem coloured wool (as in gold, ruby, turquoise etc.). These squares will then be joined and presented to her family.
So all you have to do now is fill in the registration form and send it with your deposit to:
Viv Crawford, 35 Stirling Ave., Blackmans Bay Tas., 7052. Queries can also be emailed to: email@example.com