Bits & Pieces - check the Event Listing for future happenings
*Deloraine Tasmanian Craft Fair Update:
Only three weeks to go!
We have 40 members contributing to our dislay of goods to sell. With our extra space we can still take more....but the sooner the better to allow entry of data before the opening! Contact Mavis if you have some late entries.
Our rosters for selling and demonstrating are filling nicely with only a few spots left to fill. We have 5 members available for manning the tables on half day shifts for the four days, and we have both individuals and groups lined up to demonstrate a range of guild activities. Our challenge now will be to keep up a supply of morning and afternoon tea!
So, thank you members of the Guild! It is this great support from all regions which makes our organisation so much easier.
We are getting more excited and less nervous as it all comes together. Dont forget all members are welcome to join us at the St Marks Church Hall, East Westbury Place. Deloraine.
See you there.
Allison Smith, Deloraine Group
*Bicheno weekend: Sounds like it was a lot of fun, some pics are up in the Gallery.
* 343 active members as of Spring 2016!!!
* Workshops coming up in November: Natural Dye Play Day on 4 November, and Give Spinning/Weaving A GO Day on 19 November. See the Events list for details
* Art Yarn Workshop - North: see the blog
* Library: Have you checked out the latest additions to the library?
* Bothwell International Highland SpinIN & Fibre Festival 2017 : Start your Longest thread, Val Payne tribute item, Mary Simon Challenge item NOW. Go here for forms!
* Website change: Blogs about Workshops are now on a page under Workshops.
* Congratulations and a big Thank You to all the Guild members who volunteered for the current committee. See your committee here.
* Tasmanian Craft Fair, Deloraine, 2016. Check the blog for information, forms and updates.
* Bicheno 2016: See the calendar for the dates, and required paperwork.
* New Island Yarn Deadlines: Autumn edition end of 1st week in February; Winter edition end of 1st week in May; Spring edition end of 1st week in August; Summer edition end of 1st week in November.
* Advertising in Island Yarns: Members may advertise up to Two Lines (approx 30 words), for Free. Other prices: Up to 5 lines of text, no picture is $10. Up to half a page, with picture(s) is $40. Full page with picture(s) is $75. Payment must be made to the Treasurer in full before the advert will appear in the next issue of Island Yarns newsletter. Island Yarns is printed and mailed to every member quarterly. Contact the editor.
* Library News: Browse the Guild library online. This is not a loan facility but it does let you know what the Guild has in the way of brilliant library resources. The weird, the wonderful, the old, the new. Check it out
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.
Our 3rd published book