Bits & Pieces...
check the Event Listing for future happenings and the Blog Pages for recent news
* Congratulations and a big Thank You to all the Guild members who volunteered for the current committee. See your committee here.
* A message from your Librarian: Feb 2018
Missing: All 3 copies of the "Ashford Book of Handcarding". One of our Guild members was asking for information about using handcarders. This title is the perfect book to recommend, but to our dismay, all three copies are missing from the library, and they are not checked out by anyone. If you have inadvertantly removed a copy (or three) of this book without completing the borrowing card I would be very pleased if it/they could be returned as soon as possible. Our library borrowing system relies on the honesty of all Guild members, to record your name and borrowing date on the card, and to place that card in the wooden tray.
* Workshops considerations for 2018:
Ideas floating around include Techniques Common to Saori and Tapestry Weaving, Eco Dyeing, Learn to Weave, Learn to Spin, Painted Warps and Wool Tops, Rigid Heddle Weaving Techniques. If you have an interest in any of these, or other thoughts and requests, get in touch with your Workshops Officer.
* Ross Summer Day 20 January: was fabulous. See the blog.
* Certificate of Competency in Hand Spinning: Interested? Check out the blog.
* Library: Have you checked out the latest additions to the library?
* Website change: Blogs about Workshops are now on a page under Workshops.
* Island Yarn Deadlines:
Autumn edition end of 1st week in February; Winter edition end of 1st week in May; Spring edition end of 1st week in August; Summer edition end of 1st week in November.
* Advertising in Island Yarns:
Members may advertise up to Two Lines (approx 30 words), for Free. Other prices: Up to 5 lines of text, no picture is $10. Up to half a page, with picture(s) is $40. Full page with picture(s) is $75. Payment must be made to the Treasurer in full before the advert will appear in the next issue of Island Yarns newsletter. Island Yarns is printed and mailed to every member quarterly. Contact the editor.
* Library News: Browse the Guild library online. This is not a loan facility but it does let you know what the Guild has in the way of brilliant library resources. The weird, the wonderful, the old, the new. Check it out
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.
HWSD Guild of Tasmania